Saturday 3 March 2007

Where did February Go?

I believe that 2007 had a month called February. Personally I don't remember seeing it so I can't comment, but those whom I trust tell me it did exist. Perhaps, as it is a short month, I blinked and I missed it!



Apart from being frantically busy at work and beginning to have a bit of a social life, plus going on courses etc I am having to diarise sections of my days to breath in and out!

Enough already! In all seriousness what have I been doing for the past month?

Getting over the shock of England actually winning 5 Cricket One Day Internationals back-to-back and winning an O.D.I. trophy.

Watching England's Rugby Team begin to look like it knows how to play the game (well, yes, lets not mention Croke Park!).

Attending a Linux Training Course, and a MS ACCESS course.

Having a £290 haircut! - Let me explain, I went to town one afternoon to get a haircut only to find the barbers shut, so I made the mistake of looking in the music shop window and falling in love with a guitar that I simply had to have so I spent £280 on a guitar and £10 on the haircut the next day!

BTW the guitar? An Aria Travel Guitar. It is nothing more than a guitar neck - with the tuning pegs at the wrong end - and it has a couple of detachable frames that turn it in to a more conventinal guitar shape. It is also electric - well it can be used through an amp. Absolutely fantastic, and it fits in to a case about 90cm x 30cm x 8cm ( 3ft x 1ft x 3 inches).



Lindsay was absolutely thrilled!!!

Speaking of Lindsay, she and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on the 16th Feb.
Feastivities started with a bouquet of carnations being delivered to Lindsay, who not only was not at home when they arrived, spectacularly failed to notice a huge great cellophane wrapped arrangement, laying on the kitchen table when she did get home!!
Dinner at Pizza Express was followed by a concert at the Haywood Theatre, Ely(part of the Kings School - arranged by the local Rotary Club, of 1940's big band music - Glen Miller, Count Basie, Duke Ellington etc. The band - OPUS 17 - were excellent, and Lindsay and I revelled in the fact that we could count the number of people younger than us on the fingers on one hand! It was a definite mothballs and pearls do!

Daniels finished his latest stint at the Green Box, Education Alternatives Unit, at Witchford and is now back at City of Ely Community College, albeit on a much reduced cirriculum and time-table. Put simply, because of all the time Daniel missed when he was off ill, it would be negligent of the school to expect him to carry on with a full timetable, and try and take 9 or 10 GCSE's. SO they have decided to concentrate on Maths and English plus photography (which is Daniel's particular favourite) and they will introduce Science and I.T. back in to the mix in a couple of weeks.

Sian is still doing OK at college, although she has just been a through a short "Am I doing the right thing?", "I hate all my subjects" lack of motivation phase, but a chat with her tutors has put her back on track.

Well that's it for now. I'll try not leave the next post so long!




No comments: