Sunday 18 March 2007

The Bog Woppit Bugle


Seven days since the last posting. Sorry folks. I have had little enough time to burp let alone blog!

Anyway. It has been an interesting week.

12-03-07 - Sian's Birthday. Our little girl turned 17! It was a quiet day. We were due to go out for a meal as a family to celebrate, but my stomach had other ideas.

13-03-07 - Another quiet day. We were going to go out tonight instead of Monday night to celebrate Sian's birthday, but couldn't get a table at the restaurant we wanted to go to, so that out the mockers on that. Turned out that Sian didn't want to go to that restaurant anyway so lucky really. It was decided that we would go out for an Indian meal on the Wednesday night (as they do a special deal on Wednesday night , Starter, Main Course, Side Dish, plus Rice or Bread for £10/head).

14-03-07 - We made it to the restaurant! We had a meal to celebrate
  • Sian's Birthday
  • Daniel getting a good report from Parents evening
  • My job being funded for the next financial year (the joys of working for a charity)
However, we had to make a pretty fast get away as I started to feel very ill - nothing to do with the food - more to do with the problem I had on Monday having not completely cleared up.

15-03-07 - I was out and about doing my thang as a Circuit Rider - I visited Royston Volunteer Centre. I booked a weekend break for us in Oxford from the 30th March to 2nd April. Staying at a Travel Lodge for 3 nights.

16-03-07 - My mate Duncan's Birthday. I had a very busy day in the office.
Played Taxi in the evening collecting Sian's friend from Waitrose.







17-03-07 - Inundated with friends of Sian! She had arranged to go out for a meal with her new friends from VIth Form College at the Pizza Express in Ely (approx 18 of them). She is going to arrange something with her old school friends for the Easter Holidays.
Lindsey had stayed over last night, Vicky turned up later in the morning. They went in to town and came back later in the afternoon. Lisa and Karl turned up later in the evening.
After the meal Sian had friends back to stay overnight, and not to be left out Daniel had his friend Cameron a.k.a Nigel stay over as well.

18-03-07 - Mothering Sunday.
The day started early as one of our guests had to be at work for 9am - Lindsay had to run her home to Witchford to pick up a forgotten key and then drop her off at work. Karl also had to go to work but didn't start 'til 10.

I cooked breakfast for the remaining guests - Bacon, Cumberland Sausage, Scrambled Egg, Grilled Tomato and Potato Scone, with Tea.

I phoned my mum to wish her happy mothers day.

Lindsay and the kids went off to Ickworth Park to meet up with Lindsays Mum and Dad.

I stayed at home. My arthritis flared up this morning and I've been in a foul mood all day! It takes a day or so for the meds to kick in. I don't need to and can't take this all the time and once it starts working things settle down quickly but its the bit between now and then that is particularly unpleasant.

So there you have it. Another week in the life of us simple country folk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karl, its with a K!
but thank u daddy for letting them all stay! sorry if we woke u up, but Karl is naff at catching haribo in the dark!
Love u
ur sunshine x x x x x x