Sunday 11 March 2007

Easy - Like A Sunday Morning!

My Sunday began at 08:49 when the cat decided she wanted to muscle in to bed. Her slow ponderous walk across the territory that is my voluminous bulk woke me up. I decided at this point it was best to get up and answer natures call.

Between 09:00 and 10:00
Prepped a load of vegetables ready to be made in soup (leeks, carrots, pots, 'snips, brocolli, cabbage) which I then steamed first (thanks woodstock). I added a tin of butter beans and a tin of green lentils (well rinsed), to a large stock pan added the water collected by the steamer ( good stock) and added some water pinch of seasoning and some mixed herbs and left the lot to simmer for about 30 mins before roughly blitzing with a stick blender.

Whilst this was at various stages of developent I made some bread dough which became ciabatta rolls. They were meant to be for lunches through the week - but as ever - homemade bread just does not last as long as shop bought! - probably because it tasted tons better than the shop bought pap!

I also whipped up bacon rolls for breakfast

10:00 to 15:00
Was mostly spent looking at stuff for work - putting the finishing touches to a PowerPoint Presentation that will be used when we deliver a 'workshop' session at the National ICT Hub Annual Conference, which is being held at the Emirates Stadium on 28th March 2007.

The presentation has taken hours to put together. Having been the victim of several appaling presentations in my life, most of which have involved the presenter using really boring PowerPoint slides which they proceed to read out as if they are a teacher addressing 7E.
We have been very careful to make sure ours is not dull and boring. It is instead lively, vibrant, has movement and music and THEY'D BETTER LIKE IT!

I have also been looking at something for my dear friend Woodstock who has been tasked by his chapter of the BNI (yes BNI not BNP) to develop a way fo recording meetings between members. My very dear friend is an excellent painter, decorator, handyman etc - check out his company AKS Services, but his computer skills are a bit limited. We operate a barter system, I do computer stuff for him and he does odd jobs and decorating for me. It works very well.

I also have had to try and diagnose a fault with my daughters laptop and suspect it is a faulty hard drive, but in the meantime I have got her machine working by running a live boot version of X-UBUNTU (a particular flavour of Linux) so although at the moment her whole machine is running off a CD she can connect to the internet and check emails and websites etc!

I have also sorted out a problem with one of the memory cards we have for the digital camera.

I didn't watch the football as my boys nearly always lose to Chelsea - so discover my shock when I found out that not only did the match end 3-3 we were 3-1 up at half-time and this was at the Bridge as well.

For much the same reasons I did not watch the Rugby either, the way we played against Ireland was so bad the was only going to be one outcome of the game against France - we would win it of course - Typical! I did manage to catch snippits of the Rugby on the Radio when we went over to Littleport to pick Sian up from her friends house. On the way back we stopped and had an Ice Cream which we ate whilst walking along by the river. (It has been a perfect spring day in this part of the world.)

We were a bit peckish and our path back to the car took as past the best chips shop in town so we had to have a portion or two of chips in paper cones and use little blus plastic forks to eat them with!

When we got home it was put a chicken in the oven, have a cup of tea and then go across the road to the Community Rooms and assist Lindsay in her cleaning duties thereof.

Having cleaned the community rooms it was back home. Do a bit more work, then watch some TV.

We had dinner about 7 - 7:30

After dinner, I watched a bit more TV, but fell asleep!

Anyway. It's now 23:40 and its time for bed.

3 comments:

woodstock said...

thanx for the plug obviously you missed out my charm and good looks to avoid me sounding too perfect glad you had a good day I am on the mend I feel off to the bone cracker now will let you know how it goes hope that form isnt giving you too much trouble
see you soon Dad

love your
painter son

woodstock said...

we have to say we are abit disappointed here as we got excited that your sunday story was going to end in some kind of testicle mutilation.......sorry just being honest

love sharon and Kat
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey very interesting blog!

My webpage: weightloss diet