Sunday 27 May 2007

Ouch I

22:18 - Ouch - Part 1
Current mood: uncomfortable
Category: Life

Lunar Module Commanders Log - 21:14 230507

Having taken the
shuttle for a succesful test flight earlier today I was returning the launch vehicle to its hanger when the incident occured.

My
co-commander was entering the craft and slipped whilst climbing up on to the flight deck. I instinctively shot a hand to catch her and pull her in to her flight seat. Not sure quite what happened but sufficit to say I ended up with my hand and wrist squashed against the side of my own seat.

After screaming several obscenities I then proceeded to carry out the mission at hand. (no pun intended).

By the time I returned home my wrist and thumb very very painful and swollen. I managed to get off to sleep, but the pain woke me in the night and I had to apply some ice treatment and take strong painkillers.

24 hours on - My wrist is still sore (sprained), my thumb is painful but now mobile after being put back in to joint!

Currently Listening :
Mezmerize
By System of a Down
Release date: By 17 May, 2005


No comments: